Trustees wanted – apply now!
Are you looking to develop your professional skills and give back to the local community? Becoming a trustee is enormously rewarding and only involves around a day a week or less, mainly out of hours. Please get in touch to find out more firstname.lastname@example.org
We need your help. Volunteer with us and make a huge difference to the lives of our members.
We are currently seeking volunteers who would enjoy:
- Visiting people in their own homes for a cup of tea and a chat – maybe helping to read their personal correspondence.
- Helping out at our social clubs, where isolated blind and partially sighted people can meet to socialise and be entertained, or maybe enjoy an outing.
- Assisting blind people to complete benefit forms. Volunteers receive additional training to make sure applications have the best chance of success and secure the income which people are entitled to.
- Driving – we need drivers for regular duties to take people to and from our social clubs, or to provide transport for occasional one-off tasks.
Volunteering with Vision is rewarding and fun. Our volunteers are a big part of our team and we really do value your contribution.
In return we offer:
- Initial interview with our Volunteer Co-ordinator, so we can agree a task that you will enjoy and suits you.
- Induction training to tell you about the organisation.
- Visual impairment awareness training, so you have an understanding of blind and partially sighted people.
- Special training for certain tasks such as Benefit Advisors.
- Regular support from our Volunteer Co-ordinator to listen to your suggestions, or deal with any issues.
- Reimbursement of mileage and any out of pocket expenses.
- A fulfilling experience, where you are part of our team.
To find out more, without obligation, contact our Volunteer Co-ordinator here.
Come and join us – you’ll be very welcome!