Trustees wanted – find out more!
Are you looking to develop your skills and give back to the local community? Becoming a trustee is enormously rewarding and full training will be given. Meetings are every two months on a Monday evening in Weston-super-Mare.
Do you have finance, accountancy, bookkeeping skills? We are looking for a trustee to lead on Finance/ Treasurer. Training in charity finance available.
We would love to talk with you about trusteeship. Please get in touch to find out more email@example.com
Join us as a volunteer!
We are currently seeking people who would enjoy:
- Befriending: Visiting people in their own homes for a cup of tea and a chat or telephone befriending.
- Social group leaders/ helpers: Leading or helping out at our hubs, where blind and partially sighted people can meet to socialise, share tips and receive advice, training and guest speakers.
- Tech training: supporting people to learn to use tech such as smart speakers, mobile phones and tablets. Full training and support given.
- Administration volunteers: occasional or regular help with a range of administration tasks such as stuffing envelopes, shredding, filing, printing etc. At our office in Weston-super-Mare. Great experience for the CV!
Volunteering with Vision North Somerset is rewarding and fun. Volunteers are a big part of our team and we really do value your contribution.
In return we offer:
- Initial interview with our Volunteer Co-ordinator, so we can agree a task that you will enjoy and suits you.
- Induction training to tell you about the organisation.
- Visual impairment awareness training, so you have an understanding of blind and partially sighted people.
- Training and support in your volunteer role.
- Regular support from our Volunteer Co-ordinator to listen to your suggestions, or deal with any issues.
- Reimbursement of mileage and any out of pocket expenses.
- A fulfilling experience, where you are part of our team.
To find out more, without obligation, contact our Volunteer Co-ordinator here.
Come and join us – you’ll be very welcome!