Vision North Somerset is an independent registered charity supporting around 1500 blind and partially sighted people of all ages across North Somerset. We also offer a hearing equipment service and have an independent hearing support group meeting in our offices in Weston-Super-Mare.
- Initial meeting and ongoing support to discuss your needs, provide information, advice and guidance and offer referrals to relevant services.
- Registration of visual impairment for those who are eligible.
- Vision rehabilitation including getting around safely and daily living skills.
- Vision impairment equipment, advice and sales at our Resource Centre in Weston-Super-Mare or via home visit if required (donations appreciated to cover travel costs).
- Social groups in areas across North Somerset.
- Befriending/ home visitors.
- Telephone support/ social groups.
- Digital advice and training for people with visual impairment.
- Representation of people with visual impairment with local organisations such as the NS Council Disability Action Group.
- Hearing equipment service – home visits to fit equipment such as clearer doorbells, telephones, devices to help hear the television.
If you need our help click on the appropriate page for more information or contact us.